Data Engineer enables data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and visualizing data. The data engineer should be able to design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data processing systems with a particular emphasis on the security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency of such systems. The data engineer should also be able to analyze data to gain insight into business outcomes, build statistical models to support decision-making, and create machine learning models to automate and simplify key business processes.
Job Location: Chennai/Bangalore/Coimbatore
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Build robust data pipelines on public Cloud using Oracle, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Alibaba technologies.
- Responsible to collect, process, and compute business metrics from activity & persisted data using Python/Spark.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis; optimize data for consumption.
- Develop data set processes for data discovery, modeling, mining, and archival.
- Work with business analysts and data scientists to build new analysis tools and metrics for measuring product engagement & consumability.
- Serve as integrator between data architects, data scientists and other data consumers.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience with top-tier firms in big data analytics, management consulting, or comparable role in corporate setting.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL is a plus.
- Experience with ETL, data warehousing, and columnar databases.
- Experience with data visualization tools, a plus
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive / Pig, and Java / MapReduce.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB.
- Familiar with Agile software development (Scrum is a plus).
- DevOps knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bring clarity to chaos and comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translate these into more tangible outputs.
- Enjoy challenging and thought-provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and requests.
- Must demonstrate a positive, team-focused attitude.
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail.
- Flexible – able to meet changing requirements and priorities.
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas.
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or other similar advanced degrees from a top tier educational institution.