When the target application you are trying to integrate does not offer APIs, it results in manual integration. Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), through a co-selling agreement with UiPath, allows you to create Robot-based transactions that replay the user interaction via the application user interface. OIC leverages UiPath RPA Adapter to integrate with APIless Systems.
What is OIC?
Oracle Integration Cloud can be used to automate business processes, connect your cloud and on-premises applications, build great web and mobile applications, collect advanced metrics about your business, and get real-time analytics. The main components of OIC are as follows:
Integration Cloud Service (ICS) - ICS lets you to quickly develop and activate integrations between your applications that live in the cloud and those still live on premises.
Process Cloud Service (PCS) - PCS enables you to rapidly design, automate, and manage business processes in the cloud.
Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS) -VCBS allows you to build great web and mobile applications yourself. There is no coding, setup and IT resources required.
Integration Insight - Integration Insight simplifies the process of modeling and extracting meaningful business metrics.
Stream Analytics - Stream Analytics facilitates creation of custom operational dashboards that provide real-time monitoring and analyses of event streams.
UiPath RPA Adapter capabilities
UiPath RPA Adapter is one of the many predefined adapters included in Oracle Integration. You can use it to integrate application objects with the UiPath Orchestrator and simplify application development, by providing a standard interface for adding items to queues, starting jobs, fetching job status and receiving output from queues. You can configure UiPath Robotic Process Automation Adapter as a target connection in an Integration in Oracle Integration.
- Build a Robot that replays the user interaction through the application user interface in the APIless Systems, by simply recording and generating activities with the RPA Designer, namely UiPath Studio.
- These Robots in turn are deployed to an Oracle-specific UiPath Orchestration Cloud Edition (managed service), where an administrator can configure how these Robotic Process Automations can be executed by Robots replaying the transactions.
- Create and configure a UiPath RPA Adapter in ICS.
- UiPath Robot can be invoked at any step/activity of the Integration in ICS.
- These Robots work in an unattended fashion (end user does not need to manually trigger the Robot execution), as they are invoked from an Integration implemented in Oracle Integration Cloud.
Use Case: Automating Employee Process from Oracle EBS to In-house Application Using OIC and RPA
In this use case, when an employee is created in Oracle EBS, the employee should be created also in the APIless in-house application. We designed this solution by developing a Robot using UiPath studio, which mimics human actions required to create an employee in the in-house application. The developed Robot was deployed to UiPath Orchestrator. An Integration was built in OIC to integrate Oracle EBS and in-house application using the UiPath RPA Adapter, which was configured with the Robot deployed. When an employee is created in Oracle EBS, it triggers OIC Integration, pulls the employee details and passes them to the Robot deployed using the RPA Adapter.
To learn more about Oracle Automation